Troubleshooting "The settings saved on this computer for the network do not match the requirements of the network" error in Windows 7
This document details some basic troubleshooting steps for the message "The settings saved on this computer for the network do not match the requirements of the network" error message that can occur when wireless network settings have been changed, or a Windows 7 computer is using the old wireless network settings to connect.
- Click on the wireless network icon in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Click on the Open Network and Sharing Center option at the bottom of the screen.
- Click on Manage Wireless Networks in the top left.
- Right-click on the icon next to the net work to be connected to, then left-click on
Remove Network to remove it from the list.
- When prompted for confirmation, click Yes to remove the network. Windows 7 will forget all of the settings for that network.
- Click on the wireless icon in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Choose the wireless network to connect to and then click Connect.
- When prompted, enter the new wireless security key.
- The network will connect successfully if all of the information was entered correctly.
Disclaimer: This information is being provided to you as a service from the Technical Support Department. It is intended to assist you in the resolution of your technical problems or questions. If you feel uncomfortable implementing any of the information or suggestions contained herein then you should contact the Technical Support Department directly. The Technical Support Department will not be held responsible for any loss of information, data or programming as a result of the use of this article.