Wireless Network Settings Do Not Match
This guide will help you troubleshoot the Windows 7 error message “The settings saved on this computer for the network do not match the requirements of the network.” It is typically a result of a wireless profile being created for the network incorrectly or connecting to a wireless network of the same name with different security settings.
- Click on the Wireless Icon in the bottom right corner of the screen
- Click on the Open Network and Sharing Center option.
- Click on Manage Wireless Networks in the top left.
- Click on the name of the network you are trying to connect to and then click Remove just above the networks.
- When prompted for verification of removal, click Yes.
- Close out of the Manage Wireless Networks window and click on the wireless icon in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Click on the wireless network you want to connect to and choose Connect.
- When prompted, enter the security key to connect to the wireless network and click OK.
- The wireless network should now connect correctly.
Disclaimer: This information is being provided to you as a service from the Technical Support Department. It is intended to assist you in the resolution of your technical problems or questions. If you feel uncomfortable implementing any of the information or suggestions contained herein then you should contact the Technical Support Department directly. The Technical Support Department will not be held responsible for any loss of information, data or programming as a result of the use of this article.