How to install a Tenda W311U or W322U in Windows 7 without a disc
Windows 7 has several drivers already built into the operating system making many peripheral devices "plug and play." The Tenda W311U and W322U are both devices that fall into this category. This guide will walk through how to install these Tenda adapters without using a disc.
- Plug the Tenda device into any open USB port on the computer.
- There will be an icon that appears in the bottom right hand corner of the screen indicating the drivers are being installed. Click this balloon to view the status of the driver install.
- The driver should recognize the Tenda device as an 802.11 n WLAN device and install driver software.
- Click the Close button on the dialogue box when the driver install is complete.
- Your computer should now be able to view wireless networks. See our article on How to Connect to a wireless network in Windows 7 for additional steps on connecting to your wireless network.
For more assistance contact Technical Support here.
Disclaimer: This information is being provided to you as a service from the Technical Support Department. It is intended to assist you in the resolution of your technical problems or questions. If you feel uncomfortable implementing any of the information or suggestions contained herein then you should contact the Technical Support Department directly. The Technical Support Department will not be held responsible for any loss of information, data or programming as a result of the use of this article.