How to network a Windows 7 PC to a Mac running OS X Part 2: OS X Setup
Description: Now that the Windows side of things is set, this guide will walk through how to set up OS X on the network.
- Click the Apple button in the upper left then select
- Within System Preferences select Sharing under the Internet & Wireless heading.
- Click the Options button in the Sharing window.
- Make sure both Share files and folders using AFP and
Share files and folders using SMB (Windows) are checked along with the
current account and click Done.
- Select which items are to be shared on the left including File Sharing.
- Make note of the IP address of the Mac listed for future reference listed in this window.
- Click the + below Shared Folders to add any additional folders to be shared.
Now both the Windows 7 machine and the OS X machine are set to share files and folders on the network. Check out our third and final article in this series for a walkthrough on how to access files between the two computers.
For more assistance contact Technical Support here.
Disclaimer: This information is being provided to you as a service from the Technical Support Department. It is intended to assist you in the resolution of your technical problems or questions. If you feel uncomfortable implementing any of the information or suggestions contained herein then you should contact the Technical Support Department directly. The Technical Support Department will not be held responsible for any loss of information, data or programming as a result of the use of this article.